With research and time, I have developed a skin care routine that has left me impressed and now I hope you guys will experience the same results.
The best thing I could’ve done to my skin was using a lemon sugar scrub. I’ve never had smooth looking skin up close before but maybe that’s because I’ve never used an exfoliator before. And on the plus side, the scrub lightens and brightens my skin. I’ve been looking for something to do that without harsh chemicals.
I tried the scrub on my dad’s face the other day because he has a lot of bumps and dark spots. He really liked the results but doesn’t want to use my scrub again…. he thinks it’s too “sissy” -_-
My Lemon Sugar Scrub contained:
- 1/2 a lemon (brightens and tightens skin)
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (moisturizing & anti-aging)
- 1/2 tbsp sunflower oil (moisturizing & anti-aging)
- 1 tbsp raw honey (moisturizing & acne-fighting)
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar (exfoliates & evens skin tone)
You can choose which ever essential oil you feel benefits your skin the most– all you need is 1 full tablespoon.You can also control the amount of any ingredient you put into your scrub.
1. Juice the lemon
2. In a bowl, mix the lemon juice and the essential oil of your choice together
3. Add the honey and stir well
4. Mix in the sugar
Personally, I refrigerate all of my scrubs in air-tight tupperware. I’m not sure if you’re not supposed to but since they contain natural ingredients, I figured I should.
Can’t wait to make many more different sugar scrubs!